View Single Post
Old 07-11-2022, 09:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
not sure where you are, but here on the West Coast, this is typical of the real estate markets. Especially the high-end markets. If he bought it to sell, watch how many more millions he sells it for.

As for the rest, Stevie has admitted to how many millions over the years she's wasted on drugs and partying and paying for her posse to travel the world with her. Also, she gave away the rights to many of her songs, so those royalties weren't going to her. Besides Silver Springs (to her mom) for example, she gave at least some if not all right to Sara away (to Hernan I think, maybe others) and she's given rights to multiple other songs to various friends and family. Now, this was in the years before she went solo and got people like Howard Kaufman and Irving in her life. But many of the songs that should have sustained her financially through life are sustaining other people.

Christine made lots of money, but she also had to live off that money for almost 15 years with no new income coming in. And she spent a huge amount of her cash on totally renovating her giant estate in Kent (she's talked about how extensive the renovations were) and has had to recoup those expenditures in recent years going on tour and selling her catalog.
Sounds like the west coast is the best place to own real estate!

I think financially savvy in all these cases may be subjective, anyway. I suspect Steve has made the most money out of all of them, with her solo albums selling the most, especially in the 80s when album sales were a thing LOL, so in theory she could ‘blow’ more money and still be financially savvy. Also, I think there’s something to be said for being generous and signing over rights to certain songs to friends or family- I had never heard that but I accept what you said as truth. I mean, that’s not something I would have expected from anyone, let alone Stevie. And Christine doesn’t have kids, so spending a large amount of money on her home sounds savvy to me, she’s basically doing what Lindsey is doing- who’s to say she won’t sell her home at some point for a huge profit.

Anyway, I hope you know I’m not being argumentative- I just don’t necessarily agree there’s enough evidence to say that Lindsey is the most financially savvy of them all, any more than I would say Stevie is, or Christine is.