View Single Post
Old 10-25-2020, 02:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
Despit her self-aggrandizing delusions about feminism, she absolutely has lived most of her life according to the traditional gender roles that were in place when she was born in the 1940s and growing up in the 1950s. She still feels like men are the ones with power and therefore are the ones she wants to align herself with, emulate, and charm into letting her into their club. And she can flirt and get them to help her do the hard stuff, because she doesn't ever want to do the heavy lifting.
I concur. Stevie’s feminism seems to be a function (or even result) of her worldwide success rather than a driver of it. I was thinking about a very different rocker, Chrissie Hynde, whose feminism drove her success — it spurred it. Hynde’s attitude was always self-assertion in order to get some result; Stevie’s was to bend in some way to men (other sings, producers, the men in her family) to stroke them and generate some response that she desired. Far be it from me to say that one approach is better or worse than another, but Stevie is definitely different from someone very different, like Hynde.

https://youtu.be/LWaZGmgjDjg?t=171

moviekinks.blogspot.com