View Single Post
Old 01-30-2019, 10:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
on the other hand we know he's sometimes full of sh*t and has multiple completely opposite interpretations of the same song, like one interpretation per decade.
Id tend to agree, SN in particular is even more notorious for changing her song interpretations and meanings.

But in this case and to put it so public as in on liner notes I tend to think he is being very genuine and honest here....

Stevie and I had compartmentalised our emotions in order to [get through Rumours], lived in denial. Same with Christine and John. None of us had the luxury of distance to get closure. You get to Tusk and there’s a real aggressive attitude in a lot of the songs from me. But “Save Me A Place” is one where, late at night, you reflect on the vulnerability underneath that. It’s about a feeling that’s been laid off to one side and maybe not been fully dealt with, sadness and a sense of loss. There’s also a sense of loss for my youth and my upbringing; memories of that, which I loved so much, and how I saw that receding away.