Thread: R.I.P. Storms
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2018, 01:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
Can you - or someone who knows - tell me what happened with Red Rover on SYW tour? I’m still forever regretting not seeing that tour, for multiple reasons. My understanding is that SYW tour had several legs and some songs were swapped between the legs. Was Red Rover played on one leg and some other LB song on another?

I understand he also played it on UTS solo tour, at one of the legs? That’s the tour where he kept adding legs. But Red Rover is not on his Bass Hall DVD. And it is on his Soundstage, with that intro about gods pulling the plug on humans, and I think he used a very similar intro during STW leg?
I was at Lindsey's Soundstage in Chicago and Red Rover was quite a treat. The audience was so still during that song it was almost like no one was breathing. The air in the studio was so dry that by then end the only thing I wanted was to find a giant glass of water and drink it. I wondered how he was able to keep singing because it was so dry.
I was at the opening night of the tour in Madison WI and I honestly cannot remember if Red Rover was played. I did get to see Running Through the Garden and thought it was incredible. Thank god because they dropped so many songs on that tour. Madison was a ball. We were sitting at the hotel bar first with Carl Stubner who shot the breeze with us like a regular guy and regaled us with a few tales about his other clients (Beyonce, Tommy Lee). Next the band walked in including Stevie with Karen carrying her dog. After that I got lost and starstruck in an elevator with Ray Lindsey. I can never remember what floor I'm on in hotels. Then Strandinthewind got one of the bodyguards drunk (I think it was the infamous Raoul) who then tried to hit on me. That's okay though because I'm sure he didn't strike out with every fan he met on that tour. Those were some good times.
Actually I need to edit. I think it might have been Columbus, OH where I saw RTTG. Setlist doesn't list RTTG in Madison but I don't know how accurate that thing is. I do have the bootleg of Madison somewhere.

Last edited by gldstwmn; 11-02-2018 at 01:44 PM..