View Single Post
Old 10-22-2018, 05:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murrow View Post
Perhaps I should wave a banner saying "Unicorns of the world unite". I too see no point in seeing this line-up while
  1. They have no new material to promote
  2. They've dropped Hypnotised while maintaining Monday Morning and Second Hand News.
  3. Black Magic Woman is overly rewritten just so Stevie can sing it.
  4. Stevie gets to sing a verse on Don't Dream It's Over and All Over Again in spite of the fact that their composers are on the stage with her.

Having seen them on the SYW and OWTS tours I'd only be there for Isn't It Midnight.
Murrow, if only more posters were like you! I'm serious. You say your piece and make some valid points, all without insulting anyone or saying anything nasty.

Unlike you, I'm glad Stevie is singing on the two songs you mention. I hate it when she leaves the stage while the other members are performing, because it seems disrespectful in a way. The fact that she is singing on those songs shows me she's really invested in the set list. She and Christine could easily leave the stage during Neil's songs (DDIO, YGM, HYP) but they don't and I love it. Although I'm bummed they've dropped Hypnotized, but maybe it'll come back. Regardless, this set list is killer and I'm happy they mixed it up so much.