View Single Post
Old 04-03-2019, 08:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I like her solo albums well enough. Street Angel and Rock-A-Little are my least favorite. Wild Heart is my favorite, because her vocals were on fire.

TISL was a slow burn. It was tuneless. The songs just droned on and on with no beat and I wrote it off early, but then I revisited it about two years in and it really grew on me. It's mood-invoking.

The fact that I was attracted to her sound before I was even aware of FM tells me that she did indeed possess an indefinable spark. I mean without knowing who the vocalist was on Magnet and Steel, Gold, or even on the icky Sweet Love, I was drawn to her. Listen to the woman on Midnight Wind and try and deny she can be mesmerizing.

Of course, I do have to say the same thing about Lindsey. Gold and Magnet and Steel. That's him and I recognized the production value in those songs without having a clue that Lindsey Buckingham even existed.

But Stevie, as she said, even in Fritz, the boys played their hearts out, but folks kept asking about the mousy-brown haired girl. She caught their eye somehow. Of course, we should point out that FM was not the first time that Lindsey took his girlfriend along for the ride. Lindsey was the one who was offered a record deal in those early days and, as he did on NYE 1974, he made Stevie a part of that, when they left Fritz behind. The musicians gravitated towards Lindsey and the rest were drawn in by Stevie's charm.

I guess that merits her being in the RRHOF.