View Single Post
Old 11-18-2018, 07:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
I'm sure she has some kind of an idea-- she may live in a bubble but she doesn't live on Mars.
I was always a big Stevie fan, even when she annoyed me with things she said or did I was still a fan of her because I never deluded myself into thinking she's someone who was ever some goddess great person so none of those little things ever changed my overall view of her. But this has. I guess I'll always like her music but I never would've thought she could be so selfish.
^This.

She was probably the biggest pull to FM for me back in the mid 70s. And then I was so excited for her solo work and bought it all, and went to the tours. And I was so thrilled when they all got back together for The Dance, and happy for her that Silver Springs finally saw the light of day and got the recognition it deserved.

But her lack of ambition to do any new music after 2003 because if she couldn't be #1 on the charts then why bother really started to turn me. And then she called herself a legend in some interview, and the light went off-- she just wants to live off her legacy, it's too hard to do new stuff. But then she did a new solo album (IYD) and I thought ok she's come around. But that was an anomaly, and it played to her worst fears of not selling millions and it feels like that was the last gasp.

The ousting of Lindsey was the final straw. Others can disagree, but pushing him out seemed like a case of finally finding the right moment to take her fatal shot, and she took it. Very cold, very nasty, very calculating. Not a great way to end a legacy.......so it had to be a personal thing.