View Single Post
Old 07-12-2015, 07:22 AM

5 kick ass moments from EW's: Women Who Kick Ass panel at Comic-Con
We salute Hayley Atwell, Gal Gadot, Jenna Coleman, Gwendoline Christie and Kathy Bates.

EW took over Hall H for the sixth year in a row for its annual Women Who Kick Ass panel, celebrating our favorite bad ass women in pop culture. Moderated by EW senior writer Sara Vilkomerson, this year’s roster featured Gwendoline Christie (Game of Thrones), Hayley Atwell (Agent Carter), Jenna Coleman (Doctor Who), Gal Gadot (Batman v Superman) and Kathy Bates (American Horror Story). Here are the 5 most kick-ass moments:

Gadot, who plays Wonder Woman in the comic book movie, says putting on the costume was exhilarating. “It was like an out of body experience. There I was little Gal from Israel becoming Wonder Woman.

Bates says that the new season of Hotel is going to deliver the goods. “I’ve just gotten the first couple of scripts of Hotel. I know I’m running the hotel which is very exciting.” She added, “It’s almost like a completely different way of telling a story. Everybody is just going to be knocked out of their seats when they see this.

Coleman thinks that the next Doctor Who could be a female. “I think it’s absolutely possible. There’s absolutely no reason why not. I think Peter Capaldi is doing the most wonderful job so there’s not currently a vacancy.

Atwell understands why there are shippers who want Peggy Carter and Lyndsy Fonseca’s character together. “I think it’s quite rare on television these days in a scene together who aren’t talking about the men.” She added, “Not in competition with each other and being catty.

Christie says that Brianne of Tarth’s fight with the Hound in the last season of Thrones was actually brutal—she truly punched the actor in the groin. “What you see in that fight is a genuine connection of fist and under carriage.

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/07/11...kick-ass-panel