View Single Post
Old 03-27-2019, 02:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
Wrong...Kate Bush doesn't need anybody.. Fakewood Mac are the ones that need to retire .
Agreed. The idea that the mad visionary with the sweet, retiring disposition, Kate Bush, would have any interest in hitching her caboose to Fleetwood Mac is outrageous. She would never, never, never follow Fleetwood across the country back and forth a dozen times to perform in that blandly impersonal, please-everyone way. Even an extremely cursory listen to Before the Dawn would reveal that. That amazing album documented a precise, intricate multimedia presentation combining music, video, dance, and other arts that could only have been delivered on a very small scale—a few weeks in a single theater, where the whole environment could be controlled down to the last detail. That's where her heart and soul are, not in packing in and out of gigantic sports arenas all over the country and running down the "set" as if one were checking boxes on a spreadsheet.

However, when I was playing Lindsey's anthology a few months ago, I imagined Kate listening and kind of cocking her head amusedly at the fascinating parade of sounds: the quirky canvas of sonic novelty and the unexpected way it adds strength and scope to the emotions in the songs. She'd find at least some of his work splendid, is my guess.

moviekinks.blogspot.com