Thread: Nicks McNuggets
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2009, 09:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Saturday, September 26, 2009
Lemonhead Recommends - Stevie Nicks

Stevie Nicks has been my idol for as long as I can remember, everything about her is magical and drenched in depth. She always maintains beauty and strength simultaneously.
Many of Stevie’s best works are her demos; take ‘Blue Lamp’ (also my favourite Stevie Nicks song) for example. Supposedly based on a blue tiffinany lamp her mother bought her and she refused to board a plane without, the lyrics portray something entirely different “Can we talk. I’ve known you for a long time. Now you know.”

Equally gut wrenching and dramatic is her demo of ‘Smile At You (angry demo)’.
“Go on save yourself, leave the key here, you love someone else, I shouldn’t be here”. The lyrics, unquestionably based on Stevie’s own heartache can reach a thousand souls and never cease to stir emotion within me, the most devastating part being towards the close of the song when Stevie declares in utter raw trauma “My heart, my heart, was broken, my heart, my heart was broken”.
Truly glorious, beautiful and filled with soul, as with all Stevie Nicks songs, she remains now and forever more my idol.

http://lemontypie.blogspot.com/2009/...vie-nicks.html