View Single Post
Old 03-04-2019, 06:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Each album is different and I like them for different reasons. Impossible for me to rank them as favorites. So I use a different measuring stick: POTENTIAL
What albums were good but had the potential to be so much better.

Tango - it had the 80s synth pop but lack so much depth. Stevie's songs are a miss. Chris brought her A game but too many songs that are just straight up Lindsey solo songs. A group effort would have been so good. I know Lindsey had a horrible hand in creating the album so I don't fault him for that. Just pointing out this average album IMHO missed a golden opportunity. Very little of the album sounds like Fleetwood Mac IMHO.

Say You Will - I'm glad to see this album on the list. I get and hear the hard work Buckingham put into this album. Classics like Running through the Garden and Smile at You finally made an album. Stevie's voice is so much better and not as flat as TISRL. Each brought good songs but the album really needed Christine. If you could remove 5 songs and add 5 Christine songs and add her to the mix, this album would have been incredible.

Mirage - I LOVE Mirage. Its pure pop greatness before the synth pop of drum machines took over the 80s. Its very classic Mac but with no risks. While Tusk was all risk, this album suffered from no risk. The songs are very solid but a few dares in rock could have made this album so much better.

Tusk - While one of my favorite albums, the project could have been enhanced more as a group effort. While I get and admire most of Buckingham's creative risk, a little more traditional Mac sound and effort would have went a long way.

Live album should be on this list. It made the point that live Mac is not the same animal as studio Mac. The album showpieces some of their best work live. However, I would have scrapped the 3 "new" songs for The Chain and Sisters live. How can you have a live Mac album without the Chain?

I would not change a thing to the White album, Rumours or Mystery to me. Those albums are near perfect and cant imagine any potential to make them better. I say this after heard them a million times.