View Single Post
Old 03-11-2013, 12:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan View Post

Anyway ,sorry I don't rely on Mick's book as the Fleetwood Mac gospel to pull quotes from .
I don't rely on Mick's book as gospel either. However, what Mick said is what Stevie herself has said about that Tango recording process and her inability to participate. She corroborated what Mick said. And her absence was not just due to Rock a Little touring, but to her drug problems.

She has spoken about this as recently as this year.

Yes, it's true Juliet, Joan of Arc and Special Kind of Love didn't get on the album, but no one has said it's because Lindsey rejected those songs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
Not that she'd complain now,she loves TITN
Not that she'd complain? In what universe? She complains non-stop. I don't think she particularly likes Tango, but it's not because Lindsey messed up her songs. Before she talked about her drug problems, in the nineties she used to say she wasn't around for Tango because they were jealous of her solo career and treated her badly when she was there. She never said he didn't use her best songs or did a hatchet job on vocals or anything.

Quote:
"It was extremely difficult. I wasn't there alot because it was extremely difficult and also because I have this other career. They would like for me to be there just because they like having me there. They always have from the very beginning, just for vibe, I guess. I guess I'm just a vibey person and when I come in to the studio or when I come into the dressing room where we're rehearsing or something, its like, everyone knows that as silly as I am and as unserious as I seem to be alot of the time that I really am very serious and that I want it to be good and that when I walk into the room, that it's serious, and if you don't need me, then let me go."
Quote:
I wasn't there for a lot of that, 'cause I was on the road. It was me that was causing all the friction, 'cause Lindsey was the head guy and I was making him erratic. When I was not there it was good. They all got along fine. But, you have to understand that I'm an old girlfriend of Lindsey's, so that kind of makes me a war monger in his eye. So, when I walked in it was like, "Thanks so much for stopping by. We heard you were busy with your solo tour. Thanks for bailing on us." That's the first thing I got. I didn't have time for that abuse. And I felt like, "If you don't get off my back, I'm gonna injure you badly." It got so bad that I said, "I'm gonna do a solo record," much to Mick and Lindsey's absolute horror. From that moment on, I got treated much worse. However, they couldn't be too awful to me, 'cause they knew that they couldn't go out on the road without me. So they had to keep a certain level of niceness. Otherwise they knew I'd walk. I mean, I had platinum records and sold-out tours. Why did I need to be treated like this? There was plenty of jealousy in the air, but I felt so beaten down that I wanted to run away and hide."
Michele

Last edited by michelej1; 03-11-2013 at 01:34 PM..