View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 10:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
I am probably the only one in the world who thinks the Rumours sequencing isn't so great. I realize it was sequenced as an LP with 2 sides, and that's why it doesn't transfer to the digital age so well. That being said, Songbird being in the middle of the album (but on the end of an LP side) just crashes the momentum and puts me to sleep. It should have been the song to close out Rumours.

I adore the quirky tracking order of Tusk, but the stark transition from Sara to What Makes You Think You're The One just kills it for me. It's too violent, and crashes the dreamy revery Sara puts you into.
While I get what you're saying about Songbird (it does seem like an album-closing type of song), I just can't imagine Rumours ending with anything other than GDW which, in a completely different way, is also a perfect closer.

The transition from Sara to WMYTYTO is also less of a problem when you're flipping over a vinyl record, but even with that said I don't think it's a very well-sequenced album. I don't like "Over and Over" as an opener, and I don't like how long you wait for the next Christine song.