Thread: Photos
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2010, 10:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
When you're the one who had a large say in the design of the guitar, you tend to want to use it pretty much exclusively, since it fits your playing style & gets the sounds you want.

That's the problem, he HATED the Les Pauls....he only played them because Mick & John pretty much brow-beat him into using them because, as they said, "Les Pauls are the Fleetwood Mac guitar". Les Pauls really don't fit Lindsey's fingerpicking style all that well (obviously like the Turner does...or like a Strat or Tele that he used before joining FMac)
Yeah, I've come to associate the Turner with him, like how I associate Jimmy Page with his sunburst Les Paul (if I could get anywhere on my dad's old acoustic six-string, I'd love to get a smaller version of that one) or Slash with his Les Paul Custom (I think that's what it is). Maybe it has to do with me liking Les Pauls a lot (a lot of my favorite guitarists either use it, or in Eddie Van Halen's case in regard to Frankenstrat, the guts of one), but I always thought Lindsey looked really cool using one, and now that I think about it, it did match his fuzzy appearance at the time quite well, but the Turner nhas matched him very well post-haircut.

BTW, anyone here ever see John Mayer play one? If so, did anyone think he looked a bit funny playing what we've come to know as Lindsey's axe?

You can add me on Facebook

Last edited by MissLadyLoki; 07-03-2010 at 11:08 AM..