Thread: Photos
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2010, 06:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissLadyLoki View Post
It took me that long, but I just realized that he's been using that same guitar since he cut his hair. In fact, that's something he should change up a bit, not songs. Maybe he could play that Les Paul from back in the day now and then.
When you're the one who had a large say in the design of the guitar, you tend to want to use it pretty much exclusively, since it fits your playing style & gets the sounds you want.

That's the problem, he HATED the Les Pauls....he only played them because Mick & John pretty much brow-beat him into using them because, as they said, "Les Pauls are the Fleetwood Mac guitar". Les Pauls really don't fit Lindsey's fingerpicking style all that well (obviously like the Turner does...or like a Strat or Tele that he used before joining FMac)

Quote:
Originally Posted by holidayroad View Post
I don't know.....I think a lot of fans would be really be shocked if he quit using the Turner guitar. He does play a variety of guitars during a show, though.
I don't think he really uses the Turner all that much for studio work, but they definitely work for him in a live setting. The "Oh Diane" video was kind of a shocker showing him "Playing" (since we know that video was totally lip sync'ed) a big ol' Gretch.

It's the same thing as with Eric Clapton using a Strat...he & the Stratocaster, since 1970 have become almost synonymous. The rare times (i.e. The Dylan 30th Anniversary concert) when he uses a Les Paul, he almost looks out of place playing one, even though that was his main guitar back in his John Mayall & Cream days.

Lindsey & the Turner...they just go together.