View Single Post
Old 08-19-2008, 04:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

After a farcical couple of weeks of getting faulty review copies I've now finally listened to the CD.

I know some people on the forum don't want to hear too much about it beforehand while others do so I'll offer a quick opinion which hopefully will strike a decent balance.
IMO:

It's a definite follow up to UTS rather than any of his other solo work.

Underground has a lovely 'Down on Rodeo' feel to it. Treason has a touch of 'Castaway Dreams' to it. Both these tracks are the most melodious and would sound good on the radio.

Time precious Time has some great guitar work which just made me think of rippling water. It has the hypnotic quality of a Save me a Place.

Gift of Screws has LB doing his manic laugh and generally sounding as if he's having a fantastic time. Personally I think this could be a single. It has a crazy feel to it that I think could really work in mainstream airplay. You can dance to it too! It will be great live.

Wait for you, love runs deeper, The right place to fade and Gift of screws are the rocking tracks.

Vocally, I think, he sounds 'younger' than on UTS. There's very little whispery singing which is a good thing imo.