View Single Post
Old 04-20-2002, 11:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

"Nights In Estoril" is one of the most sublime songs Fleetwood Mac has ever recorded.
That song alone makes Time completely worth owning.
Though the entire album is worthy of a place in any Mac fan's collection.

I'll admit that i'm not a huge fan of Bekka when she's singing lead ("Dreaming The Dream," "Winds Of Change"), but her and Billy sound terrific on their "duet" songs... and I dig all of her background vocal contributions.

Dave Mason's "I Wonder Why" is also a cool tune... though his "Blow By Blow" has always left me feeling a bit underwhelmed.

I'm also a huge fan of Behind The Mask.
Sure, it lacks some of the production finesse evident on the Lindsey-helmed albums, but at the time of release, its more rock & blues oriented sound made for a nice departure from the high-gloss of Tango In The Night.

"In The Back Of My Mind," "Freedom," "Save Me," and the title track, all provide the listener with some Classic Mac moments.
And the rest of the album ain't too shabby either!

I have my favorite albums, and my favorite Maccer (I am the moderator of the Stevie Forum after all! ), but the band's entire history is way too rich to overlook... even if one's favorite member doesn't happen to be on a particular album.

Johnny Stew