View Single Post
Old 12-20-2018, 03:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
There were a bunch of empty seats. When I was there, we noticed that. If it was a sellout, then a bunch of people didn’t show up. She sang Talk to Me and Rooms and she sounded great. She talked about it being her first fair. I think she sang a little song called At the fair.

The Columbus Dispatch gave her great reviews and they rarely gave out good reviews.But they said she put on a tight rock show and she did. It was the best vocals I heard her do. She was really trying. When she introduced Maybe Love she called it a small song.
I could swear the marquee at the center said the show was sold out... thanks for the correction, if it wasn't. We were very close to the stage, like 5th row, so I couldn't tell exactly how packed it was. In Cincinnati, the newspaper review said Riverbend was only half full, like 6500 or so.

I was pleased she sang Talk to Me, Rooms on Fire, and Has Anyone Ever Written. I was also pleased that she only sang Maybe Love, Blue Denim, and Destiny from Street Angel, as those were some of only a handful of songs from that album I liked.

Jondalar, do you remember Darden Smith, the opening act? If you do, I was curious what you thought of him.