View Single Post
Old 05-03-2004, 03:05 PM
Administrator
Supporting Ledgie

When Lindsey left the band before the Tango tour, it caused a major controversy. To this day, people on this forum still slam him for it.

BUT:

How come when Christine recorded a bunch of songs for Time and declined to tour it was OK with the fans?

How come when Christine stopped the Dance tour short after 40 dates she didn't incur the same kind of criticism Lindsey did?

I think when LB left, the way he went about it was sort of 'yeah I'll do it, make all the plans'-- then 'no, I won't, I'm leaving, goodbye'. He sort of pulled the rug out from under them. Plus they were all in very different places in thier lives than they are now-- and hence the response was a little crazier.

I don't think it was 'OK w/ the fans' when Chris didn't tour w/ Fmac after Time. Did you go to any of those shows? I went to two, and boy, it was sad. The crowds were, for the most part, pretty apathetic. Watching Mick do his crazy drum solo in front of 20 bored people was agonizing. I loved seeing John and Mick, and frankly the band was pretty good, but I still felt embarrassed for them. Chris, contractually, HAD to contribute to Time-- even though she didn't really want to-- but she did not have to tour.

None of us know really what response the band had when C said she wouldn't tour anymore. Stevie has said they did try to convince her to stay; LB has said he understood her need to leave and was an ally. If she had stuff going on in her personal life, then I think M and J would have to be supportive enough to say 'go do what you need to do, you've been devoting your life to us for 30 years.' Also, she *had done* 40 dates. That's no small potatoes. At the Tango time, LB didn't do any dates at all.

JMHO.

-Lis