View Single Post
Old 09-02-2013, 03:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desiree View Post
I want a reissue, badly, at times! BUT, I have to admit that I am sometimes torn on reissuing BN and messing with such a "brilliant nugget of rock history" myself! I too love BN, and I also have a pristine copy I purchased in 1975, while I was still listening to Heroes are Hard to Find.

I was a freshman in college and my boyfriend from home and I had finished unpacking and moving in to our dorms. We walked down to Main Street and went into the coolest little record store. My boyfriend was a musician so we were always looking for new music, and luckily we walked out with Buckingham Nicks. I remember the little hippie velvet clothing boutiques, too, and of course, falling in love with it all! When we got back to his dorm room, we put the record on immediately and plopped down on the bed...OMG! We knew we were hearing something very special right from the git go...I will never forget listening to that record over and over while it rained and we made love...hmmm, yeah, it would be fine with me if it just keeps it's place in rock history too...
That's it. Thank you for sharing your experience. The record gathered so many stories in 40 years of listeners that appreciate it for what it is, especially being a pretty hard to get vinyl album, that it has it's own legacy now. After all these years, I want it to be the identity it is, and not a 7 dollar download.