View Single Post
Old 09-02-2013, 01:56 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up View Post
Happy anniversary, B/N, you lovely album. Please don't come in a midlifecrisis. Stay where you are and what you are: on vinyl and a legacy. I love you as a hard to get overlooked brilliant nugget of rockhistory. You don't need to be on CD. Or in iTunes
I want a reissue, badly, at times! BUT, I have to admit that I am sometimes torn on reissuing BN and messing with such a "brilliant nugget of rock history" myself! I too love BN, and I also have a pristine copy I purchased in 1975, while I was still listening to Heroes are Hard to Find.

I was a freshman in college and my boyfriend from home and I had finished unpacking and moving in to our dorms. We walked down to Main Street and went into the coolest little record store. My boyfriend was a musician so we were always looking for new music, and luckily we walked out with Buckingham Nicks. I remember the little hippie velvet clothing boutiques, too, and of course, falling in love with it all! When we got back to his dorm room, we put the record on immediately and plopped down on the bed...OMG! We knew we were hearing something very special right from the git go...I will never forget listening to that record over and over while it rained and we made love...hmmm, yeah, it would be fine with me if it just keeps it's place in rock history too...

Last edited by Desiree; 09-02-2013 at 02:00 AM..