View Single Post
Old 07-10-2008, 10:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
Yes. It's comon procedure.
Yep - McCain did it for Guiliani. Yet, not a peep from Fox News about it, much less the innuendo that there was something dirty about it

As for voting for McCain, I do not get it. Why would anyone want to vote for the leader of a party that wants to put people (straight or gay) in jail for consensual oral sex, even while married. IMO - these voters are hypocrites because who amongst us majors has not had oral sex. If you have and you are voting for McCain, I think you should ask the police to put you in jail citing the laws the GOP defends and send the GOP a card explaining that you have acted on their most stringent behest (and in accordance with a large number of their hypocritical private lives) . And, not only is that an issue, it is a primary issue for that party - I mean really

Of course and more importantly at least to me, that same party has driven the US economy from a huge surplus to huge debt in eight years and McCain has no comprehensive plan to pay for it. What he does instead is promise tax relief to everyone, when only the wealthiest 1% will actually get it on any significant level (why o why can't we have the so called fair tax (www.fairtax.org) ?) -- Maybe people think they are somehow part of that wealthiest 1% or will somehow be "in the club" if they are for the GOP. Maybe they think that the national debt will somehow vanish.

Of course, those so supportive of the GOP's position in Iraq, should IMO volunteer for the armed forces as well. Yet, armchair quarter backing is just fine for most, esp. Bush and "I had more important things to do that go to Vietnam" Cheney. Hypoctites once again.

In the end, Obama and the D's are not much better, but they are heads above the GOP. That is why I do not get all this cutting off your nose to spite your face BS about voting for McCain due to sour grapes about Hillary losing.

save the cheerleader - save the world

Last edited by strandinthewind; 07-10-2008 at 10:21 AM..