View Single Post
Old 09-30-2013, 09:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicepace View Post
I'm not defending Lindsey here, but I think we need to stop jumping to conclusions about what he thinks based on a single offhand remark (possibly misquoted) from Stevie in an interview. I think the question here is NOT why Lindsey demands "all or nothing" from Chris, but why would Stevie say something about his attitude that paints him in such a negative light, at this moment in the band's history when everybody should be rejoicing over Christine's appearance with them?

What's Stevie's motivation in representing Lindsey as having such a bad attitude? Is she just trying to make him seem like a jerk, so she will seem like a nicer person? It wouldn't be the first time that dynamic was at play in their relationship.

I personally was annoyed with Stevie for trying to steal the limelight from Christine that first night, when at the end of the song Christine was happily waving to the fans and Stevie grabbed her from behind, and intruded on her moment. (You can see in the videos how surprised Christine was that she did that.)

I guess I'm saying I'm suspicious of Stevie's behavior in all of this. But don't listen to me because I've never been much of a Stevie fan.
I don't know, I think Stevie probably realizes everyone is baffled by the whole situation. Why would Chris return after 15 years? Why just for ONE song for 2 shows? Why those 2 particular shows? If Christine is talking about wanting to record again, why can't she with the band? Why can't she record, but not tour... she did that for the Time album? It's not just fans asking these questions, it's journalists, too.

This time around, I honestly believe Stevie isn't slinging mud at Lindsey. They seem pretty content with each other at the moment. The way Stevie phrased her comments on the subject leads me to believe she was not sharing Lindsey's feelings out of malice. Stevie just seemed matter of fact, and perhaps even understanding of his point of view.

Regarding Lindsey's motivations for blocking a partial return from Christine... I'm a bit torn. We all know how much of a purist & idealist he is. But at the same time, he's also repeatedly expressed his joy of the 21st century Fleetwood Mac dynamic. He likes the more "masculine" sound without Christine, and the fact he has more breathing room in the setlist. His reasons for blocking Christine could be more selfish than idealist this time.

Either that, or he's playing hardball with Christine in attempts to muscle her into a firm commitment to Fleetwood Mac- one she couldn't simply excuse herself from if she changed her mind.

Last edited by louielouie2000; 09-30-2013 at 09:53 AM..