View Single Post
Old 05-18-2019, 11:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Ahhh. That AHI Gypsy was wonderful.

Yikes, don't mention the last NGBA. It's an insult to Brushes.

You know what annoys me about Lindsey is the way he didn't change his GOS songs when Stevie's voice was added. I wish he had used Say You Will as an opportunity to reimagine the songs.

I suppose I understand it. On the one hand, as focused fans, we had bootlegs and so a new arrangement of an old song doesn't deprive us of material, because we had the unfinished stuff. But the artist has to think of all listeners. And I guess he doesn't want to change what he thought was a good version of his song, just because he's adding an additional vocal track to it.

Same thing with Sleeping Around the Corner. I loved Lindsey's album version, but since I had that, I wanted something a little more different on the BuckVie album.

As for the recurring Steal Your Heart Away and Bleed to Love Her, I must grit my teeth. I don't need songs that sound like what we already had. I want Crystal to Crystal.

Michele
You are my spirit twin in so many ways, Michele. Agree with everything, except for "Steal Your Heart Away." The original release of that was VERY limited, remember.... a promotional CD sold only at Best Buy, which only hardcores bought. The finished product of that was fantastic. It's one of my faves on the album. I understand not changing that one if he finds the version with Stevie creatively satisfying, and I am glad the song didn't get a re-imagining hat may have turned out like "Smile at You."

"Sleeping Around the Corner," and "Bleed to Love Her" were also favorites of mine in their original versions but yes, it's disappointing when you play the CD and discover that they sound the same as the ones that had been widely released before (an "Amazon exclusive" is still a wide release because you no longer have to physically go to a store to get it, which may or may not actually have a copy, not to mention its easy availability for streaming.)

Last edited by sodascouts; 05-18-2019 at 11:23 AM..