View Single Post
Old 04-24-2019, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street_Dreamer View Post
I've been listening to Hold Me lately and for whatever reason, the song just clicked with me. The remaster was something that definitely needed to happen. It almost makes Mirage sound like a completely different album. I've always loved Hold Me but the remaster gives that song in particular has changed for me. It's as if the song's true greatness was able to really show through even better than it was before.
I had a turntable with these really fantastic hi fidelity speakers when I first bought Mirage.

When I played that album on this brand new system, it was so crisp and wonderful. And Hold Me in particular had that, "punch you right in the face" snap! right after Christine's piano intro.
Other moments that were beautiful were Only Over You: (guitar outtro and vocal blends), WYWH: (outro piano), Gypsy: (guitar outro). Plus, so many more.
Also, give Mick credit here, the drums sound absolutely fantastic the whole album.

You've inspired me to go listen to it again. Maybe with some bourbon.

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 04-24-2019 at 08:18 PM..