View Single Post
Old 10-02-2012, 03:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by redtulip View Post
I've only seen him on this tour, but there is something really powerful about seeing him play and hearing these songs with just him on the stage. The shows run about 75 minutes I'd say. He doesn't talk too much, I think he has about 3 different between song speeches he gives. I'd have to go back and look but off the top of my head, before Bleed to Love Her, before Big Love, and before Seeds We Sow in the encore.
yes, it's a really intense and fast-paced show.

i've seen him at Saban and SWS tour and on this tour, and while i love his rocking songs with the full band, this show is much more intense and i thought the choice of songs overall is much tighter. i would definitely rate this show higher that SWS tour although i thought that tour was great (before i saw this one!).

that's right, he talks just 3 times - after BTLH (before Not Too Late), before BL and at the end, before SWS. so it is a short show but there's not much time wasting, he just goes boom-boom-boom with songs one after the other.

there's sometimes a bit more banter (depending on how good the audience is ) when he comes back out for encore since people are trying to get him to do extra songs (and that's been successful in a number of cases!). if he does extra song by request, show ends up being more like 90 mins i guess.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"