View Single Post
Old 05-19-2017, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
In a 2003 band interview with Matt Diehl from INTERVIEW magazine:

MD: I know Christine McVie decided not to be a part of the reunion, but did she contribute to the album in any way?

SN: She did. We used some recorded parts she performed in 1996 [for Lindsey Buckingham's solo album]. She does some ooh-ooh-oohs on one of the songs, and she plays a little keyboard on another. It's all very subtle. In a million years, she would never have thought that those little parts would end up being on a record in 2003. It was hard for me when I went back in and there was no Christine. Did I miss her? Every day. Did I wish she were there? Absolutely. But she did not want to go on the road. It's not that she wouldn't have done this record; she would have. But if she couldn't go on the road [to promote it], what would we have done if her songs had been the singles? We all tried to talk her out of her decision. Each one of us did. But there was a point in time where she looked at me and said, "I don't want to be a road dog, ever again." It's that look in somebody's eyes, when you know it's for real. Her eyes said, "I can never go back." So I said, "Okay. I release you."

http://www.fleetwoodmac-uk.com/artic...ticle0603.html

I remember reading this interview when it first was printed and thinking the reasoning behind not letting her participate was bs. I mean, if they could let her do this very thing in 1995 for TIME, why couldn't they let her do it in 2003? The answer is probably Lindsey (as well as Mick) both of whom, in 2003, thought SYW was the beginning of a new era for FM).

I do remember this now.. Wow, my mind is going. Thanks for researching.