View Single Post
Old 05-17-2018, 06:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
Bottom line, for those who proclaim this latest Mac chapter is forward movement,
Who’s been saying that this is forward movement?

Quote:
it will only be so under 1 condition: if they record a new studio album.
I agree that the only way this new lineup matters is if they make an album. They would be fools to let the opportunity to make an album with talent of that caliber pass, and I have every faith in their ability to do just that. The thing is, a new Fleetwood Mac album wouldn’t be possible with Lindsey in the band, but it is possible now. Just how probable a new album is remains to be seen. But new album or not, I don’t think anyone sees this as a step forward.

Quote:
Without new material, they are in even sadder shape than they were before. At least last time around FM was an in tact oldies group. Now they’re an oldies group that’s being cobbled together from the ruins of other oldies groups.
At least they won’t be playing songs off the same five albums this time out. That’s more interesting to me at this point, and I’m more interested in seeing Lindsey be the artist he wants to be.

Quote:
From there out the public has tolerated no more than 1 of the 5 members being absent. They were smart when Christine left to not replace her- we’ll see how the public reacts this go around with Lindsey’s replacements. If they monkey with the lineup any further, they risk opening for REO Speedwagon again.
Yeah, Mike and Neil are legends in their own right. Billy and Bekka were second generation rockers, Rick a sideman, and Dave Mason a has-been who had nothing new or compelling to offer. There is no parallel with this lineup.

THE Stephen Hopkins