View Single Post
Old 12-21-2018, 01:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
You totally missed my point... which was, that Stevie made her career her whole life to the exclusion of most everything else. Pat had a family, Stevie chose not to. Pat had a spouse, whom she promoted, because she didn't want him to feel like he was Mr. Pat Benatar... again, not choices Stevie made. Indeed, Stevie has said many times she did not want to adjust her life for anyone; she wanted to be able to do whatever she wanted whenever she wanted without having to worry about someone else. Stevie made her career her sole focus, and spent hours up nights taking photos of herself and practicing how she wanted to look and on and on and on. That's what I meant by Pat not working at it as hard as Stevie, i.e. she didn't sacrifice her whole life to staying in the news and making sure to be seen with the latest generation of popular singers etc.

(Waiting for the response that this is somehow dissing Pat.)
No I did not miss your point. I never said Stevie did not work hard. But your definition of Stevie working hard and examples are almost laughable. Because she stayed up late at night all coked out taking photos of herself in the bathroom? WTF
Each worked really hard. But Stevie definitely had it easier than Pat and that is something even Stevie alludes to her in her RAL interview when the interviewer brings up Pat. Stevie walked right into a successful band. Christine was there and that made it easier for Stevie. Once she became famous, she could pick any successful producer to make her music. Stevie knows she was lucky.
Pat on the other hand had to fight sexism all the way. Record company execs told her that no one was coming to hear her sing. Stevie admitted that no one ever told her that. Stevie was very insulated or as she calls it the "baby sister." Pat had to fight her way. Big difference and no comparison.