View Single Post
Old 12-20-2018, 11:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
You can love Pat or hate Pat but false statements about her make no sense. Stevie worked harder than Pat? Oh hell no. While Stevie worked hard, she also played very hard and also was very lucky to get invited into a super group.
Pat did slow down when she had kids but her work ethic was insane. From 1979 to 1985 she released a full studio album EVERY year and toured. Pat also had to deal with things that Stevie never did. Because Pat was a solo artist, good looking, and trained in Opera, no one took her serious.
Stevie had lots of help.
You totally missed my point... which was, that Stevie made her career her whole life to the exclusion of most everything else. Pat had a family, Stevie chose not to. Pat had a spouse, whom she promoted, because she didn't want him to feel like he was Mr. Pat Benatar... again, not choices Stevie made. Indeed, Stevie has said many times she did not want to adjust her life for anyone; she wanted to be able to do whatever she wanted whenever she wanted without having to worry about someone else. Stevie made her career her sole focus, and spent hours up nights taking photos of herself and practicing how she wanted to look and on and on and on. That's what I meant by Pat not working at it as hard as Stevie, i.e. she didn't sacrifice her whole life to staying in the news and making sure to be seen with the latest generation of popular singers etc.

(Waiting for the response that this is somehow dissing Pat.)