View Single Post
Old 01-06-2003, 10:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: How's THIS for an answer to FM site ignoring Time & BTM?

Quote:
Originally posted by wetcamelfood
"All points well taken, John. I'm the producer for the FM.com site as well as MF.com. But, the FM.com site has tremendous input from the members of the band as well as Warner Bros. Records. The copy on the FM.com site was crafted and revised for hours. It will stand "as-is" despite the deep points you bring up for numerous reasons. I'm thrilled that you took the time to write about this and encourage you to be vigilant and help point these types of things out to me. Just understand that some things will not change, even when you're right! Thanks again for your thoughtful concern."
Well, John, if that little communication from the site owner isn't about the wooliest & most patronizing thing I've seen on that site yet, I don't know what is.

I've always felt that dealing with officialdom on a rock band's home page is akin to dealing with officialdom at the U.S. Post Office or the Internal Revenue Service. I know that a lot of people get positively moist with excitement over the prospect of an official Fleetwood Mac site or a Stevie Nicks site or, now, a Mick Fleetwood site, but I find it all just so dorky & ineffectual. The persons who run these sites are invariably uninformed, condescending & often prone to wanting to babysit site visitors. "No chocolate pudding for you before you finish your din-din." "Put that down." "Go stand in the corner until you decide to behave." "Have I given you permission to talk out of turn?"

If that's your idea of fun, by all means have at it.