View Single Post
Old 04-20-2014, 09:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
But I know what songs he HAS produced sound like and I know which ones I like and which ones I don't.

Dave is great with some artists who bring an edge, but when they don't, I think he subtracts from them rather than enhances.

I don't care if he is respected in the business or not. I used to have those albums he did with Rhona Mitra and I detested them. I also dislike a lot of his Tom Petty stuff, it's about half and half. I thought he would be good with Stevie, but don't think he would be any good with Christine. I think the results would be horrid.

But the fact is, Dave will not be producing any of Christine's songs. He may produce some songs that she sings on and I hope all of his fans enjoy it.

Michele
I didn't even like what he did with Stevie. I have nothing against the guy, but it seems from the IYD doc that the reason Stevie thinks he's so great is that he never tried to criticize her in any way, shape, or form... And that includes constructive criticism. However, I think she needs constructive criticism to do her best work. If he won't give it to her, I don't want him producing a Mac album.... not even some of it.

Last edited by sodascouts; 04-20-2014 at 09:24 PM..