View Single Post
Old 03-14-2008, 04:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew_Matthews View Post
Your posts are just getting silly (to be polite).

I don't disagree that Stevie writes some good material, but when arranged/produced by Lindsey - it is in another league altogether. All top bands need someone who will push them from doing the mundane/predictable to something a bit more leading edge and risky (commercially). Lindsey does that for Fleetwood Mac. Without him they wouldn't be the band they are.

He and Stevie are integral to Fleetwood Mac and both need to be comfortable with new members joining the band. Neither should have to 'put up or shut up'. I'd rather Mick, John and Lindsey tour and be happy and creative than see Mick/John/Stevie and Sheryl line up and no Lindsey.
Look who's being silly (to be polite)!

You're, for whatever reason, automatically under the assumption that Lindsey is unhappy about any of this. Why does this automatically have to be a Lindsey or Sheryl issue? For all we know, he may have been the pushing the decision to bring Sheryl into the fold. We just don't know.

Also, I thought that Lindsey's production of Stevie's songs in SYW pretty much sucked badly. I really cannot get over the way he destroyed "Smile at You." And "Silver Girl" makes me want to slit my wrists. And the chipmunk-y choruses of "Say You Will" . He's no Phil Spector and he's not even a Jimmy Iovine. I'm all for risks and edge... as long as it's any good. I agree that FM would not be what they are without Lindsey, but you could say the same thing about Christine and Stevie. It's about teamwork and compromise. And if you can't compromise, you have no business being part of a band.