View Single Post
Old 03-14-2008, 04:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HejiraNYC View Post
I think Lindsey (and his therapist) would probably consider compromise to be a healthy thing- in all aspects of his life. This isn't his band. It's the four (or five) of them together. He's had his opportunity to exorcise his demons with his solo work (that has gone largely unheard), so he should adapt to being a member of a band, or just leave the band altogether. I don't think Lindsey has helped to crank out garbage in the past, so I certainly don't think he will do so with Sheryl Crow on board. A change would do him good!
Your posts are just getting silly (to be polite).

I don't disagree that Stevie writes some good material, but when arranged/produced by Lindsey - it is in another league altogether. All top bands need someone who will push them from doing the mundane/predictable to something a bit more leading edge and risky (commercially). Lindsey does that for Fleetwood Mac. Without him they wouldn't be the band they are.

He and Stevie are integral to Fleetwood Mac and both need to be comfortable with new members joining the band. Neither should have to 'put up or shut up'. I'd rather Mick, John and Lindsey tour and be happy and creative than see Mick/John/Stevie and Sheryl line up and no Lindsey.