View Single Post
Old 03-14-2008, 03:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah View Post
I don't know that I'd compare her chops to Lindsey's just because 1. he's my favorite and 2. their experiences are totally different, her coming from a solo situation from the start, etc. But. I do think she is the perfect person to play mediator, and honestly, if they're going to haul in another "name" musician, I would rather it be Sheryl than any of the pop tarts floating around out there now.

As a side note, I thought Brett did a fine job on the keys during the SYW tour, and I gained quite a bit extra respect for him during Lindsey's solo tour... so I hope there's still some work for him to do with the new round.
I never said their chops were comparable; just that SC has legit credibility as a singer/songwriter/producer/engineer, just like Lindsey has legit credibility. The other I like Sheryl Crow in this role is that, like Christine, she has a bit of a blues/R&B streak in her. No, she doesn't play the blues like Christine, but she does play a mean organ... If anything, I think her style is closer to Steve Winwood than Christine.