View Single Post
Old 10-13-2009, 12:42 PM
Senior Ledgie

Ok people, here's my review:
First let me mention that we arrived at Oberhausen 2 hours before the concert started and went in the restaurant of our hotel to have dinner. Can you imagine that we waited more than an hour for the meal??? I was almost going crazy. And that stupid waitress was like "Why are you complaining, you've got half an hour left" Urgh, I could have killed her!
Then my Dad and me went to the concert. Our seats were in the 2nd ring and there it was pretty empty. I'd say the arena was maximum 60% filled if not less. We sat on the end of a row and on the other end there were two other people and in between there was nobody. In the other rows it wasn't better. And the people who were there sat with arms crossed and it was a wonder they clapped hands after every song. Behind me there was one guy who had like 6 rows to himself and he made a mien like he sat in a Math lesson all the time. I started rocking out at the first seconds of Monday Morning and didn't stop until Silver Springs was over. I don't pay 80€ for a concert of my favourite band and then sit there with arms crossed and deadpan just because everyone else does. I was by far the youngest in that part of the hall and the only one who rocked out so everyone looked at me like I was from Mars especially the guy who walked around and sold beer (I caught my dad buying a beer during Rhiannon! I was so angry I can tell you. Just during my favourite song!)The whole time I felt like Fleetwood Mac weren't getting enough applause at all so I screamed all the time like I was completely crazy in order to show the band that they were still beloved in Germany. It might have felt differently in front of the stage but upstairs there was no real atmosphere. During GDW my father went to get me a drink and I rocked out all alone in my lonely row. I tried not to let it affect me but it was not cool at all.
Stevie started in the black dress then later put on the red one and during GDW she wore a very beautiful shawl. And for Stand Back she had her hat on and looked soooo gorgeous! And she wore her high boots all the time . As far as I can tell she looked pretty good and also had some fun. But I must admit I didn't look at her often because of Lindsey. Hell, can anyone make such a great performance than he?! He was on fire all the time, I was scared he would burn. He jumped over the stage with 2 steps while he was strumming his guitar with both hands and screamed like somebody wanted to kill him. He rocked the house and finally made the show for me despite the boring audience (no offence to anyone). Since yesterday I'm eventually turned in a huge Lindsey Buckingham fan. And I have never heard my father (who is no FM fan) screaming as loud as he did after ISA. This one was really great. I thought Lindsey could definitely work at the fire brigadge as a siren. His red shirt would fit perfectly as well . NGBA was also big, it was always one of my favourite Lindsey songs but I would have never thought it would work so great live. Lindsey nearly killed himself. And I thought it was cute that Stevie joined him at the end. BTW there was quite a lot Stevie/Lindsey interaction at the show as far as I've noticed during all the headbanging Big Love was also fantastic. I had never liked this one much but it was simply amazing yesterday. I was blown away. Okay, I was blown away by everything Lindsey did and I really don't know how he can do this every 2nd night. Every part of my body aches and I don't really have my voice back yet and I only was at one show. GYOW must have been superb as well but I was totally headbanging and screaming during it so I didn't recognize much. I can only say that it felt great .
I should mention that Storms and Landslide were very beautiful either. I wasn't sure if Storms would work live but it definitely did! And Stevie didn't even say "I'd like to call it 'I've always been a Storm'", she said "It is called 'I've always been a Storm'". Maybe she thought this audience here in "this place" (which was very "neat" though she obviously had no idea were she was) wouldn't know the titles of her songs. What was most likely true for the people around me. Stevie dedicated Landslide to all of us and sang it very beautifully.
She was on fire during GDW and Stand Back (she even twirled!). Those songs were very fun to sing along as well as IKINW and SYLM what wasn't as terrible as I thought it would be without Chris.
When after Don't Stop a lot of people left the hall I was scared they wouldn't do Silver Springs but they did in the end and it was just wonderful. Stevies voice was in a really good shape. Even my Dad was blown away. (He left the concert in a state I only can describe with enchanted...)
I loved Micks speech at the very end as well. He said something like "Take care of yourself as we live in such a crazy world. We love you." So nothing really new but I had never heard it before so it was really lovely.
All in all I had a great time and I hope that all of you who'll go to a(nother) show will have as much fun as I had!!!

I've got videos of Gypsy and SHN I'm gonna upload if they're not already on youtube and pics are coming as well!
I didn't see any tourbooks anywhere, I just got a tshirt (which goes down to my knees) and a poster.
And sorry if my review was a bit random I tried to order my impressions as much as I could. But it were so many...

Last edited by Gypsycat999; 10-13-2009 at 12:49 PM..