View Single Post
Old 09-25-2010, 12:36 AM
Registered

Default Lohan Release Any Minute

IF you aren't tmz.com addicts, you may not have heard- A (different) judge has overturned (on appeal) that Lindsay Lohan must remain in jail until her scheduled Oct. 22 court date.
Apparantly, it was a legal n0-no that the hanging judge held her without bail this morning.
The bail is $300,000, and (I hate this) she must again wear a Scram bracelet monitor- you know, the same device she twice previously was made to wear, that has never been tested by anyone but the manufacturer of the device. She also must avoid any business (Bars, nightclubs) that have alcohol as the primary beverage that they sell (loophole, anyone?) and keep away from known drug users.
I'd been very pro-LO in months past, though her recent positive testing for narcotics so soon after her jail and rehab made me think way, way less of her.
Come October 22, she may have to do some time for the probation violation that landed her in jail again today. Yet, the Scram bracelet may be a smart strategic trick- it essentially deprives her of her freedom, and possibly legal minds have had it in their agendas that each time she has been forced to wear the Scram bracelet could be used as 'time served' since there is really no legal precedent that the device is constitutional, or even accurate.
I think there must be a reason the Scram bracelet keeps coming in and out of her life, and I think it may be to deter any further jail time being served, at all. If an attorney can have 2 judges overturned, the same attorney could get the Scram monitor overturned. I think it's an ace up the attorney's sleeve that she hasn't played yet. Perhaps on Oct. 22.

Last edited by Nikolaj; 09-25-2010 at 01:00 AM..