View Single Post
Old 10-21-2010, 09:13 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickRobert View Post
Tortex are the best picks ever ever ever

Though if he likes the gauge and size then maybe he'd appreciate the er - tonal variety a different pick would give to different styles/songs? I know I do... and David Gilmour I think
Yeah, he mainly uses the green Tortex, but he does have a couple purple tri-tips that he also keeps in his pocket - I don't remember the brand, but they are more flexible than the green Tortex. And I've seen him noodle on one of his acoustics with a marble-patterned celluloid pick of some sort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotafraid View Post
I think it was a nice idea, just so you know.
Thank you. I really appreciate in the input - I don't want to give a useless gift, even if it's a nice idea. I kind of pride myself on finding perfect-but-out-of-the-ordinary gifts for people. It's one of my favorite things to do. And since he might as well have a guitar sewn to his hands at all times, I figured something related would be good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Nice idea, no doubt. The question was whether most guitar players would want to play with a different kind of pick. I don't think anyone wanted to switch....

I don't smoke, but I suppose it would be like, if you smoked Marboro Reds, and someone bought you a carton of Virginia Slims. Probably wouldn't go over too well.....even if you got a thank you and a smile.
Okay, the smoking analogy, that I definitely get. Thank you for your input, too. You guys are awesome.

I totally don't want to force him to change his preferred pick by giving him a present that he'll feel like he has to use 'cos it was a present or anything.

I might go ahead and see about getting ahold of one of the GrippX picks, though, like I mentioned earlier, and fork it over casually to see what happens. If he makes negative noises, then I will definitely scrap the idea. If he makes positive noises, then I might go ahead and do it, unless I think of something better in the meantime - and at the very least, he can use them to chuck at the audience during shows so he doesn't have to chuck the ones he actually uses, haha.

All the same, baby. All the same.

"You never know what I'll do. I've resequenced my show. I'm a master at sequencing. I'm the one who sequenced for Fleetwood Mac. I sequenced 'Rumours.' Everyone loves my sequences. They're fun.''