View Single Post
Old 08-14-2017, 03:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

so much in that interview. A couple of totally trivial points-- you really notice how much Stevie does have a kind of lisp here.... and, I'm glad to see she's softened her eye makeup and seems to have done away with that very harsh black shadow.

On a more serious note, wow, "Mr Useless"?? Love her but it's totally accurate to say without him she would not have had the hits she had. His arrangements on top of her writing made Rhiannon, Dreams, GDW, Gypsy, what they were. Even Petty has said he's been stumped by what to do with some of her songs and Lindsey came in and knew just what to do with them and Tom went "oh, yeah, duh why didn't I think of that" Now that has waned over the years and these days I don't think he has been the best producer of her stuff, but in the formative years, for sure. And she wouldn't have gotten into FM without him-- if he had said yes to them and left her on her own...... we can only imagine how that would have worked out.

I don't know if she's just being exaggerated to make a point, or trying to have a dry sense of humor about it, but it doesn't translate well.

Otherwise, I'm glad to see she seems happy.

I also wonder if she forgets (because she's not that connected to social media) that in today's world **** you say on the other side of the world makes it back here in a split second. In the old days an interview in Australia stayed in Australia and no one knew what you'd said. Or... maybe she just doesn't care.

Last edited by bombaysaffires; 08-14-2017 at 03:43 PM.. Reason: typos