View Single Post
Old 04-06-2017, 02:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

While I'm ecstatic in finally having crisp, clear sounding versions of the complete "You and I", "Ricky" and "Book Of Miracles", I can't help but be a bit disappointed and underwhelmed by this Deluxe Edition, at least compared to the three AMAZING sets we've gotten in year's past. All the demos, outtakes and alternates aren't very interesting to me personally, ESPECIALLY the Nicks outtakes. "Ooh My Love" is one of my favorites from TOSOTM, but sounds horrendous here, as does the "Juliet" run through. If these were the best "takes" culled from the Masters, I'd hate to hear what the others sounded like. Chris and Lindsey's outtakes are sub par to my ears as well...but the "Mystified" Instrumental is definitely a keeper.

So now I'm having buyer's remorse for shelling out a bunch of money for less than five songs that I'm happy with. LOL! Well, that AND the liner notes and pictures. Such is the curse for being a "completionist"!

I don't care much for the music videos and 12" remixes. And I don't hear many nuances in the remastering process with the actual album itself. Not that it matters. "Tango" is my least favorite "Rumours-Era Line up" album anyway. I'm just looking forward to a DELUXE 1975 WHITE ALBUM now! They've GOT to do one for for that one, right??? (Again with the "completionist" anxieties...)

I guess I'm in the minority in regards to the Deluxe Tango, huh? Is anyone else out there unimpressed with this one? I can't be the only one.

And (as always) this is just my opinion.