Thread: MacNuggets
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2016, 09:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenniferuk View Post
Here's an old related post that mentions JM walking into a venue where Keyes was playing, but I don't recall anything about Keyes playing with the full FM.

http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showth...t=Robert+keyes

Termed a Virginia fingerstyle guitarist, Keyes has been developing his solo guitar style for years with original mini-orchestrations that feature lush harmonies and independent polyrhythmic counterlines.

“It almost sounds like two people playing,” Sir John McVie (of Fleetwood Mac) remarked, after a trip to Virginia during which he happened to enter a venue were Keyes was playing.

This not only provided Keyes with the wonderful opportunity to play with the former bass player and cofounder of an iconic British band, but also was a great confidence booster.

Keyes has also had the opportunity to play with Lyle Lovett. Among the many wonderful Canadian performers that he has played with are Holly Cole and Hagood Hardy."

If nothing else, it does make me wonder why neither Mick nor John or even Chris have received any formal honours- MBE, OBE, CBE etc. There aren't many notable British people in the enternainment industry that have never been honoured. I guess M&J would have needed to receive something before they moved to America. Also, I guess they aren't really notable charity workers (to the best of my knowledge), though I think Mick does some local Maui charity work from time to time.