View Single Post
Old 04-10-2011, 10:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
FIXED, for shats and giggles...
I so love the way you included 'shat' . I almost think the Stevie vs Bekka thing is fair game seeing how Bekka sang Stevie's songs onstage under the banner of Fleetwood Mac . In many ways, Bekka was Stevie's direct replacement. In comparison, Stevie didn't replace anyone when she joined Fleetwood Mac... in fact, she was at best a remora who rode Lindsey's coattails. Bekka was purposefully hired to fill a void, Stevie was not. But alas, this thread is not about Stevie vs Bekka.

To get back to topic, I just think the whole Stevie vs Christine thing is silly for many reasons. When it comes down to pure quality of work on a song by song basis, Christine blows Stevie out of the water and out of the universe. But when it comes to songs that connect to people on a deep emotional level, I'd say Stevie hits that target most cleanly. Christine creates atmosphere through playing the piano and keyboards, Stevie does so through her stage presence and persona. Stevie and Chris are just so wholly different. I appreciate them each equally for utterly different reasons. They're both rock legends on their own merits.