View Single Post
Old 06-13-2018, 05:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
So true. It's so staggering to me... Stevie literally refuses to make new music despite "the majority" wanting to do it... and it's allowed. One band member keeping the rest of the band from growing musically is acceptable...
I agree that she should have been shown the door last year on principle. The reality is that she‘s the major draw, but is also personally close to Mick and Christine. For whatever reason, Lindsey agreed to release the album under a different moniker and stuck to the script, so I feel slightly less sympathetic on this point.

Quote:
But Lindsey requesting to delay the band's tour is a firing offense (although Stevie has done it without consequence). This is if you buy the band's narrative without question. They have no idea how bad even their own story makes them look.
It’s not really apples and oranges, though. Stevie’s album was released when the band was on hiatus and she decided to extend the tour. I’m not saying I support what happened, especially that whole Rod Stewart thing, but she was supporting that was already out.

Also, there wasn’t the same sense of urgency in 2012 as there is today. Christine was still retired and John hadn’t had cancer.

THE Stephen Hopkins