View Single Post
Old 06-12-2018, 03:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
This is a well written post and you make compelling points. I don't agree that Landslide and especially Gypsy are considered Stevie and Lindsey signature songs, though. Silver Springs, yes, Landslide and Gypsy, no. That's a matter of opinion, though, no wrong and no right.

I think Lindsey may not have ever wanted to do Oh Well again since the Dance, the last time he sang it was for the Mirage tour. It's a song I could do without on the set list, but I don't hate it.

I think Landslide comes across as very S&L esque song because of what it was written about, the famous guitar parts on that song were written by him and how the means of performing it with just her and her guitarist, very kind of close and intimate started with them. And it's always easy for me at least to tell when he's playing or when it's someone else. BUT she's performed it so many times now with so many different people it's kind of lost that.
Gypsy on the other hand, also for what the song is about and the beautiful guitar on it, but the thing about Gypsy for me at least is that I've absolutely hated every single live version she does of it with her solo band. I don't know why the heck Waddy butchers it like that. I still shudder when I think about the WH tour version of it. If they do perform it on this tour I hope that Mike and Neil can figure out SOMETHING better than that. Lindsey's guitar/playing is very unique and special for that song yes but that god awful keyboard heavy, altered guitar riff literally ruins the whole song.