View Single Post
Old 08-15-2002, 03:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Heart Danny Kirwan's solo stuff!!

I am seriously digging Danny Kirwan's solo stuff. (THANKS JOHN!!)

My assessments of the songs I have:

Wings of a Dove: Sounds like it could have been an FM song!! I like it a lot!

Hot Summers Day: Such a great song, I love the aaahhh's. LOL If you know what part I'm talking about. HAHAHA

Misty River: I LOVE this one!!! It is GREATNESS!!!! It's country/60's sounding/Eagles-sounding...SO COOL!!!

Rolling Hills: This sounds Eagles-ish too....so pretty!! It's a great instrumental.

Second Chapter: Love the strings in this one...it sounds like it could be in a 60's movie or something to me. And, ending with a sax...that's wierd to me! LOL

Spaceman: Sounds like an FM song also, with those tinkly keyboard sounds like Christine would do. I love the keyboards in this one!!

Summer Days and Summer Nights: Reminds me of the Beach Boys at the beginning!! LOL Who's the chick singing? That is a chick, right? It's an okay song...not my fave tho.

Silver Streams: This reminded me of Tusk (the album, not the song), the very first time I heard it, don't ask me why. Sounds like a CM song from Tusk...WAIT, it kinda sounds like Dust...country-fied a tad...lalalalala....I like this song!!! LOL Tusk, Dust, WHATEVER! Now, it sounds like Hawaii...LOL It's COOL!

Cascades: Sounds 60's to me...love that harpsicord!! The guitar is so gorgeous too...

Castaway: Another FM sounding song...to me, anyways...

Angel's Delight: Pretty melody on this song.

Only You: Rockin song! Love the guitar solo!

Gettin the Feelin: Dang, this REALLY sounds like the Eagles, the harmonies and all...I like the Eagles....I like this song!

Lovely Days: Pretty melody....love the strings!!

Windy Autumn Day: It's an okay song, not my fave tho.

I Can Tell: Another Eagles-sounding song..maybe that's why I like them so much!!

Mary Jane: What an interesting song compared to the rest! LOL Sounds kinda Carribbean...

This stuff just makes me wish I was in the Carribean or something...it's so soothing...I am LOVING IT!! GO DANNY!! Why did he go nutsos and leave, but alas...then, I wouldn't have my Lindsey!!! NOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! HAHA, but Danny is coolness!! I would love to be able to find all of his solos!!