Thread: GOS Chords/Tabs
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2008, 12:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default GOS Chords/Tabs

OK, so I'm going to try and do as many of the songs as possible for those who like these sorts of things. I'll try and make them into full PowerTab files but if I'm feeling lazy or don't have the time then they'll just be text files.

To start us off here's Underground. I've not spent long on it so there may be corrections later, but it'll start people off. It's all pretty simple. The only tricky part is the chorus. It's probably easy enough to play the bridge part with a low melody/thumb picked part, but I've not tried it yet. I haven't done the repeated lick over the outro yet but it's easy enough to figure out since it's mostly the same notes as the bridge but an octave higher.

Open A tuning (E A E A C# E)

VERSE

|------0---------|------0----------|------0---------|------0----------|
|----------------|-----------------|----------------|-----------------|
|----0-----------|----0------------|----0-----------|----0------------|
|-0------0-0--0--|-5------5-5-5-5--|-7------7-7--7--|-0------0-0-0-0--|

CHORUS

|-------0*------5---------|-------------------------|------------------|-----0--------0-----0---|
|-----------5-----5-----7-|---------7---7----8----8-|--------7--7----8-|-------8-7------------5-|
|-----5-------5-----------|-------7-----------------|------------------|------------------------|
|---5---------------------|-----7-------------------|------------------|------------------------|
|-5-----5-5-5--------5----|--7------7-7-7--7----7-7-|-0--0-0-0-----0---|-9-9-9-9-9--9----9------|
|-------------------------|-------------------------|------------------|------------------------|

|-------------------5-------|--------------------------|----------0---------|-----0----------|
|-------5---5-------------7-|---------7---7h8---8----8-|--------------------|----------------|
|-----5-------5-------------|-------7------------------|------2s4---4s2---0-|----------------|
|---5-----------------------|-----7--------------------|----------------2---|----------------|
|-5-----5-5-5----5-----5----|--7------7-7-7---7----7-7-|-0--------0-----0---|-0-----0-0-0-0--|
|---------------------------|--------------------------|--------------------|----------------|

*this note actually seems to be played on another guitar but I tabbed it in anyway. It makes this measure slightly harder but it's nothing a little practice won't get round.

BRIDGE (Over verse progression)

|-----0-------------|------0------------|------0------------|------0---------|
|-0-----0---------0-|-(0)-------------0-|-(0)-------------0-|-(0)------------|
|---0---------0-2---|-------------0-2---|-------------0-2---|----------------|
|-------------------|-------------------|-------------------|----------------|

|-----0-------------|------0-----------|------0-----------|--------|
|-0-----0---------0-|-(0)------------0-|-(0)--------------|--------|
|---0---------0-2---|--------------2---|--------------2-0-|-(0)----|
|-------------------|------------------|------------------|--------|

OUTRO

D E Ax2

More to come at a later date.

Last edited by Peestie; 10-07-2008 at 05:24 AM.. Reason: Some corrections (7/10/08)