View Single Post
Old 04-30-2018, 08:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchChain View Post
Trust me, before the decision was made to fire Buckingham, Mick had done his research. Concert promotors know EXACTLY how many tickets that ANY lineup of a particular band will sell WAY BEFORE a tour is even announced. Through data analysis, promoters can predict almost exactly how many tickets the tour will sell.

As angry and outraged as I am that these people have stabbed Lindsey in the back by firing him, the TRUTH is that it WILL NOT HURT ticket sales one bit. This tour will absolutely do the SAME numbers as the last tour with the Rumours lineup. Much in the same way that the 2013 tour WITHOUT Christine McVie was selling out arenas. Mick Fleetwood and the concert promoters know this. Fleetwood Mac can tour WITHOUT either Lindsey Buckingham OR Christine McVie and ticket sales will remain the same. Mick knows this. MOREOVER, Mick now stands to make more money for himself because he will pay Campbell and Finn a smaller salary--not the larger percentage that Buckingham was earning.

The fatal mistake that Mick made was wiping his hands of Lindsey Buckingham. Let's just say, for example, that Christine decides she doesn't want to tour anymore, or falls into ill health. Mick may not be able to get Lindsey back. Fleetwood Mac on tour with only Stevie and Mike Campbell would be bland as hell!

Lastly, Mick steering clear of using the word "fired" is ridiculous. "Firing" is exactly what happened.
He doesn't want to use the word firing because it's "ugly", when in reality, it makes them look bad!
I agree with you on the "fatal mistake". I don't know much about the research that goes into what the tour promoters do to come up with their fact and figures. And this lineup will do well--however, clamoring for the "farewell" tour.... this isn't it. And Mick knows that--and he wants that proper farewell tour. And Mick knows for however much money he will get from this tour--the multiples of that for a proper farewell tour with the Rumours 5 would make his eyes truly pop out of his head.
At some point, when he wants to/needs to make amends with Lindsey--I truly hope Lindsey tells him to stick a drumstick up his a$$. However, I do think, as long as all 5 of them are on the right side of the dirt--the notion of a farewell tour with the Rumours 5 will not wander far from Mick's mind. The question remains--who of the 4 Judas' can REMOTELY broach that with Lindsey?