View Single Post
Old 06-11-2013, 10:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
Well the poll is already set for one option, but feel free to tell us everything. Actually I wasn“t thinking in half parts, but the experience of listening a whole side of a vynil įlbum. You see, on those old days sometimes we used to play one side and didn't turn it to listen the other. And there are some record players where you piled some records to play successively.
unfortunately i'm old enough to remember that. i'm one of those people who owned some really shi**y record players that would ruin records easily (i know everyone seems to romanticize it these days )... ah the crackling noises, the dust, skipping... and even then i wouldn't listen to the whole side but would skip songs i didn't like the same as now (just in case someone never owned vinyl, you can see on the records where the song ends, you just had to count, there were no little numbers showing you which song you are on ). i loved the idea of those players where you could pile the records even though i never had one... and i loved even more CD players playing 6 CDs came along and you could put them on random.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"