View Single Post
Old 05-12-2013, 01:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I don't think it's particularly likely and my point was to wonder why that's the case. There's no good reason why she shouldn't. I think she could be persuaded to do so. In fact, I think she'd rather record with FM than solo. She wasn't ever thrilled about solo albums in the first place. I think she's up for a group recording. Why isn't she being asked, is my question.

At one point, Stevie said that Christine even knew that Stevie and Lindsey wanted to sing alone. I think that during The Dance Stevie and Lindsey did this grand revisiting of their past and maybe it looked like they could capture what they would have been had they not joined. So, maybe around 1998 everyone was feeling that maybe Stevie and Lindsey would just go on together and live the BN.

They did, but it didn't turn out to be the dream they might have envisioned. Whether Lindsey is satisfied with SYW or not, Stevie wasn't. Ten years later, she still doesn't want to record with him, so whatever they were thinking in 1997 that has failed. Enough time has passed to see if it would work out. It hasn't. Give up that idea. They can tour together, but if he wants FM music, there are other ways to get it than in continuing to hope Stevie changes her mind. If he, John and Mick turned to Christine to work on music with them, I don't see Christine refusing.

Michele
Yes, but *if* Christine did want to record with them, they would undoubtedly pressure her to tour. She doesn't want that.