View Single Post
Old 09-07-2006, 04:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by face of glass View Post
The three 'new' songs sound solid, currently I'm loving "Show You How" and the helium Beach Boys on "It Was You". They're all bound to be growers anyway.

Maybe there is a bit of a new voice here too, as Christy said. More mature, perhaps. Of course he's still covering the increasing weaknesses in his voice with gadgetry but that's what I expected.

Not sure if Gerald will like the OOTC-like electronic percussion on both "SYH" and "IWY" though.
SYH is weird and totally fantastic. Well basicly I'm so relieved that it is all pretty yet out of this world sonicly. I love the SPACE in these tracks. That is going to be a 3-dimensional listening experience for sure in the uncompressed formats. I don't have a problem with electronic rythm. I have a problem with electronic percussion in rocksongs. They pull away the rawness. Until now I am touched by what I hear. Oh And I like his voice VERY much. I wonder how it will keep up in the rockin'songs he promised on the next one.

I just can't believe I'm hearing this.
I'll post more of my perception when I have more time.....

PS: the percussion on SYH does not sound OOTC-like. It sounds like the opening of the Ledge. Did he rediscover one of his 25 bathrooms?

Last edited by shackin'up; 09-07-2006 at 04:47 AM..